Monday, May 01, 2006

Flattery Will Get You Everywhere

... Or at least in the BaT blog roll, for what that's worth. BeachGirl wrote in a comment last week:

OMG, I LOVE YOUR SITE, based on the Breakfast at Tiffany's reference alone!! I LOVE Audrey Hepburn!! I love what you said about Ted Kennedy as well..

Half of my search engine traffic, it seems, comes from people looking for Breakfast at Tiffany's something or the other. The other half wants to read about Yellow Mama, the now inactive Alabama electric chair, which I covered in a post sometime last year.

Anyway ...

I breezed through a little of Beach Girl's blog, and I've decided to add her to the blog roll over on the left. Categorization is difficult for blogs that are part-opinion, part-diary. I started to put her in the "Not Gay (but maybe close to it)" section, but that's reserved for self-admitted "Fairy Dust." Since Beach Girl is a church-goin' girl, I might have offended her, despite the good company that are Armi and Megan.

So I settled on the "Arts & Culture" because being Southern is a culture unto itself. In fact, Beach Girl could be a long-lost relative just for this description of herself alone:

I am a self proclamined southern belle, with a smidge of white trash thrown in for good measure. I love college football and basketball. I love my family and actually enjoy spending time with them. I think of myself as nice person, but I'll let you be the judge...

And her first-ever post is a must-read. To paraphrase David Alan Coe, you ain't sh*t -- or a Southerner -- if you can't quote "Steel Magnolias."

P.S. Oh, and today, she's preaching what I've heard a lot of people say today about the illegal alien marches. I'm afraid the backlash is building as the radicals hijack the immigration issue.


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com