Monday, November 06, 2006

Um, And This Comes As A Surprise?

We didn't even know this was supposed to still be a secret. Pssst, Neil Patrick Harris is gay.

Neil Patrick Harris is gay and wants to quell any rumors to the contrary. "(I) am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest," Harris tells People magazine's website.

The 33-year-old actor said he was motivated to disclose his sexuality because of recent "speculation and interest in my private life and relationships."

Harris stars on the CBS comedy How I Met Your Mother. He started on TV as a teen, playing the namesake doctor on the series Doogie Howser, M.D.

At first, when a story was, er, coming out, Harris' mouthpiece said he "was not of that persuasion." A day later, like everyone else, Harris unveiled his sexuality to People magazine. As for the demeaning first denial from someone we hope is now employeed, we'll blame Harris' parents. They are lawyers.

P.S. Here is Neil's "sweetheart" ...

P.S.S. Speaking of non-surprises, a homophobic minister (or any other homo-hater) turns out to be ... homosexual. Or something. I don't have the energy to rip Ted Haggard apart. Duane does a pretty good job. As for my Haggards, I much prefer Merle.


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com