Saturday, August 05, 2006

Cocktail of the Week -- California Dreamin' Edition

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

In less than 48 hours (Lord willing), I will be landing at LAX. We already have some people lined up for Tuesday night at the Abbey. Festivities begin around 7. Come as you are.

During the last-minute scurrying that accompanies a trip, I can't get the Mamas and the Papas tune out of my head.

All the leaves are brown and the sky is gray
I've been for a walk on a winter's day
I'd be safe and warm if I was in L.A.
California dreamin' on such a winter's day


Which means I'm either a complete loser or I have a very outdated taste in music. OK, I admit it, dammit, I like the Mamas and the Papas. And I love Mama Cass! (No ham sandwich jokes, please, it's just an urban myth.)

When I think of the Golden State, I think light, fruity (and that's not just WeHo) and gorgeous. These all describe this installment of the Cocktail of the Week: Pink California Sunshine.

Ingredients

4 oz. chilled pink champagne
4 oz. chilled orange juice
1 dash creme de cassis

Instructions

Pour the champagne into a cocktail glass. Add the orange juice and creme de cassis.

Now everyone sing ...

California dreamin' on such a winter's day!

Cheers.


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com