Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow

At BaT, there's nothing more we love than a good catfight. Krystle vs. Alexis. Madonna vs. Courtney Skank. Tonya Harding vs. Nancy Kerrigan. Tom Cruise vs. Matt Lauer.

But this one brewing at that god-awful "View" TV show, well, it has the potential to top all of those. A rich, old windbag like Barbara Walters and a formerly fat sista like Star Jones certainly are well qualified for a good ol' fashion bitch-slappin'.

Star Jones Reynolds was booted from "The View" Wednesday, one day after surprising ABC and Barbara Walters by saying on the air that she wouldn't be returning to the daytime talk show in the fall.

Reynolds was quickly erased from the show's opening credits, now down to three women from the usual five. ...

Walters said she felt blindsided when Reynolds broke the news Tuesday, then was quoted in People magazine as saying she felt like she was fired.

"We gave her time to look for another job and hoped that she would announce it on this program and leave with dignity," Walters said. "But Star made another choice."

Drudge has more, particularly Jones Reynolds' response.

Star told KIIS FM: "I'm not trying to be emotional about this. I understand it was a business decision. I understood it was a business decision when I was told then. But then in that same week, I was told they were adding a new co-host and it was Rosie O'Donnell. And that was the same week that she had been so nasty and vicious towards me. Rosie insulted me. She tried to damage me professionally and personally ...

"It's a little shocking to me that Barbara feels betrayed. I was really surprised that Barbara feels betrayed. If you watched me yesterday, I said that she was the most amazing mentor and I thanked her for the most amazing opportunity. My departure was orchestrated some time ago. And while I can accept any business decision, it's hard to accept the manner in which it was handled during the last two months. But, if you use words like betrayal, if anyone should be betrayed, it should be me! Barbara didn't have my back ..."

Celebrity Boxing, anyone?


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com