Monday, March 06, 2006

George Clooney: In His Own Words

I didn't see much of the Oscars last night (see postscript below), but I did catch George Clooney -- which is unfortunate because I've always detested him ... all the way back to when he stuck up "The Facts of Life."

And last night's Clooney exposure came only because I was not in control of the television remote. I almost spit my very expensive cocktail out when I heard Clooney say of Hollywood: "We were the first to shout about AIDS when it was just a whisper." What a pathetic lie.

NewsBusters does a pretty good job of making Clooney more stupid than Clooney makes Clooney look stupid. Even by his own admission, that's difficult to do!

"Getting an Oscar? You know the funny thing is I wasn't, I didn't want to be an actor when I was a little boy. I wanted to be in broadcasting. I wanted to be what my father did, either being on a talk show or being a newsman. And then I sort of realized as I tried reporting a couple of times that I only lacked talent and smarts. So I figured, I'll get into acting. That'll be better."

P.S. Blogging will be light this week. I am attending a technology conference, and after a day of presentations and speeches, I'm rebelling against search engines, laptops and the Web.


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com