Thursday, December 01, 2005

Welcome To The BaT Party

Check out two new sites of interest over on the blogroll.

The first, Right Democrat, is under "History & Politics." He (or maybe she) is mysterious about his (or her) identity, but describes the blog as thus:

Right Democrat is the voice of Democrats who believe in social conservatism and economic populism. This site is dedicated to revitalizing the moderate-conservative wing of our party. For too long, both parties have ignored the concerns of working and middle class Americans.

The Moveonner left thinks that late term abortion, gay marriage and gun control are the core values of the Democratic Party. They are wrong and such thinking will only lead to many more years of Republican rule. The Democratic Party must embrace mainstream values. We need to appeal to people of faith. It is imperative that Democrats win back the values and national security voters.

Democrats can then focus on issues like health care, education, protecting Social Security, fair trade and protecting the rights of workers and consumers. Mainstream Democrats have to reclaim their party and drive the "trickle down" Republicans from power. The public is tired of empty Republican promises, however, the Democratic Party must become the party of working families again to prevail.

OK, so maybe we don't agree on everything ... gay, anti-abortion gun owner who can't stand Jimmy Carter here! ... but I've enjoyed what I've read so far. Check on this post on Henry "Scoop" Jackson, whom I referenced in a post yesterday.

Second, once again, I am embarassed to find a site linking to BaT to which I have not returned the favor. That changes tonight. The Gays of My Life joins category founder Armilish in the "Not Gay But Maybe Close To It" section (which is my nice way of saying f*g hags, although I prefer to call mine "fairy dust").

The blogger, Megan, works in government and what I would guess is Utah. I hope it's state government, because if she's not I bet she's blogging on my federal tax dollars. (Just kidding! Not really.) She describes her site as "a fascinating, satirical account of a single, straight woman and her gaggle of gay boyfriends."

Of BaT, she says: "I love this blog almost as much as I love the movie." Flattery will get you everywhere, Megan, or at least on the BaT blogroll. Welcome and thank you.

Today, she has touched the fourth rail of gaydom: Questioning whether men can really be bisexual. Watch it, girl, those who claim so can be very vicious about the subject. Go check her out.


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com