Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Cut The Queer Cups

At Baylor University, even the coffee cups must remain in the closet.

The Starbucks at Baylor University in Waco, Texas, has pulled coffee cups featuring an author's quote about growing up gay.

The quote comes from novelist Armistead Maupin, who gained fame through his "Tales of the City" series.

The quote on the cups reads: "My only regret about being gay is that I repressed it for so long. I surrendered my youth to the people I feared when I could have been out there loving someone. Don't make that mistake yourself. Life's too damn short."

Aramark, the dining contractor, pulled the cups from the campus store after an e-mail said the quote was inappropriate at a Baptist university.

I'd have to disagree. I can't think of a better place for it. After all, without the homos, you Baptists wouldn't have any choir leaders or pianists.


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com