Sunday, August 07, 2005

Cocktail of the (Last) Week -- Sunday Brunch Edition

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I had all good intentions of posting the Cocktail of the Week on Saturday, to substitute for my vacant Friday blogging. (Yes, nice long weekend, thank you very much.) However, upon my belated return, The Girl called and wanted to have a few drinks. So we did ... have a few, and I never got to the blog.

So here's a Sunday makeup. It seems appropriate to find a nice drink that works for Sunday brunch. Almost everyone knows the traditional brunch drink, the Mimosa. I prefer a Mimosa with my favorite brunch entree, the Crabbie Eggs. (Think Eggs Benedict with a crab cake replacing the English muffin. Yummy.) Here's a little light drink I enjoy when the acid from orange juice turns me off. It's called The Bellini after the painter whose colors inspired it.

Ingredients

3 oz. chilled white peach nectar
Dash lemon juice
Dash grenadine
3 oz. chilled champagne (actual sparkling Italian wine is better, but most people have easy access to champagne)

Instructions

Combine the chilled peach nectar, lemon juice and grenadine in a fluted (champagne) glass. Stir. Add the chilled champagne.

Molto buon!


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com