Wednesday, April 06, 2005

My First Instalanche

Glenn Reynolds' world-famous Instapundit linked to my post yesterday on Tennessee Gov. Phil Bredesen, creating my first "Instalanche" -- which is what the blog world calls the rush of traffic you receive when Glenn links to your blog. After publishing the post at 6:45 p.m., I sent Glenn an e-mail about it, since he often writes about Bredesen. I hardly thought he would link to it, considering my blog is a "nobody." Maybe it was the funny subject line of my e-mail -- which I should've used as my post title, too: "He already beat one Hilleary" -- but at 8:01 p.m., Glenn posted the link.

And the flood of traffic here began.

Before the Instalanche, Site Meter showed me with 128 visitors for the entire three weeks this blog has existed -- combined. As I write this, Breakfast at Tiffany's visitor count is 2,241. This chart shows my site traffic for the month, and it's pretty damned funny to me. It looks like the seismograph for the End Times.

I would be lying if I claimed I'm not pleased with so many people stopping by to read what I had to say. But more than anything, I'll wear as a badge of honor that Glenn gave me one of his famous "Heh"s, which I think means he thinks something is humorous -- or at least semi-humorous. (If not, don't burst my bubble by telling me otherwise.)

Many thanks to Glenn for the link and the traffic. If you don't read Instapundit every day, you should. He's the best at what he does. Oh, and now that the Instapundit traffic will die soon, thanks to the seven normal readers I have for being here when being here wasn't cool. ;-)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com