Friday, April 15, 2005

If 10% is Good Enough for Jesus ...

In recognition of Tax Day 2005, I bring you Ray Stevens:

Now I pay a city fellow to do my taxes, on account of that's one more deduction that I can take.

The postman brought my W-2 this morning. Why, this year they're claiming one-third of all I make.

Now I'm just as patriotic as the next man is. Yes sir, and I love that ole' Red, White and Blue. So I'll help to pay this rising cost of freedom, but I'll be daggone if I'll change my point of view.

If 10 percent is good enough for Jesus, well sir, it ought to be good enough for Uncle Sam.

I don't think it's one bit funny for them taking so much of my money and doing things with it that I don't understand. But one thing that is all mine is my opinion. Yes sir, and I want you to know just where I stand.

So I'll say again, if 10 percent is good enough for Jesus, well sir, should it be enough for Uncle Sam?

Some of those folks that we have sent off to Congress, well they think all you have to do is spend and spend. But you can't run a family, much less a country, with more money going out than coming in.

And that debt keeps on a getting bigger. Yes sir, we are all going to have to pay, so don't you laugh, 'cause one of these days you're going to look down at your paycheck and realize they have starting taking half.


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com