Tuesday, March 29, 2005

When conversations collide

Johnnie Cochran is dead. Jesse Jackson is in Florida, siding with Terri Schiavo's parents. Both of which led to this conversation in my office this afternoon.

Colleague A: Hey, did you hear Johnnie Cochran died?
Me: No, when?
Colleague A: Just a few minutes ago. But I didn't hear how.

I then call up Drudge to check the details. There it is in screaming red, Johnnie is dead. Also, a link to a story on Jesse Jackson's trip to Florida.

Me: Hey, and Jesse's in Florida on the Schiavo case.
Colleague A: It doesn't say how he died?

Colleague B walks in.

Colleague B: Jesse Jackson's dead?
Colleague A: No, Johnnie Cochran's dead.
Me: Jesse Jackson is in Florida protesting the starving girl case.
Colleague B: Oh.
Me: You know I just had this very sick thought. If we would have put a blonde wig on that poor girl and told O.J. she was sleeping with a waiter, we could have ended this Schiavo mess a long time ago. (Uproarious laughter from everyone) ... My god, what a horrible thing for me to say.
Colleague B: Yeah, but funny.
Colleague A: Possibly one of the funniest things every said in this office.
Me: I'm going to hell for that one.

Satan, party of two, please. Satan, party of two.


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com