Friday, March 18, 2005

What is this all about?

Now that's a good question and an appropriate quote from Ms. Golightly over there. What will this blog be about? I suspect it will be a mixture of things: part politics, part culture, part business, part personal and part junk. For the past three years, I have moderated a popular discussion group of media professionals. I suspect some of those topics may find their way into this blog. But I have an outlet for those opinions, so I hope those will be limited here.

My profile, for the most part, speaks to my interests and what one can expect to find here. I read constantly, some for pleasure/knowledge and some for my day job. I enjoy historical biographies -- both print and film -- in particular political and military leaders: Andrew Jackson, General George Patton and Winston Churchill are three. I also dabble in conspiracy theories and paranormal activity. These are my "guilty pleasures," so to speak, because much of the "evidence" behind them are full of supposition. Yet they are fun.

Some posts may be boring to many. Discussing the global economy is a quick way to make someone click that little "X" in the upper right-hand corner. However, I come in daily contact with people all over the world, and perhaps this exposure will be of interest. If not, skip the post and move on to the "Cocktail of the Week" recipe.

And, yes, I am gay. It's a fact that's not overwhelmingly important to the blog. However, I like to be as open as possible. Besides, once I start quoting dialogue from "Sordid Lives" or referencing Anastasia Beaverhausen you would have been asking the question, "Is he a 'mo?" Let's deal with it now. Gay. Check. Man. Check. Single. Check. Dating. Eh, from time to time.

Finally, speaking of honesty, Jake McCafferty (as noted in my profile) is my nom de plume. That's the cheese-eating, surrender-monkey way of saying "pen name." I could have easily have used no name at all. But I'm fond of the nom de plume, as I've used it in the past when an employer didn't allow outside freelance work, and it's a hat-tip to my Irish heritage. Now I use it to keep some client from firing my ass over something I write. I am opinionated. I am also addicted to eating and housing.

What is this all about? Simply do not ask me, parce que je ne sais pas. But maybe one day I will.


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com